In this simple, no prep, no material game, kids get the opportunity to yell out things they are thankful for, when a characteristic you call out applies to them. Obviously, you can play it at Thanksgiving time, or any time you want to help the kids say “thank you” to God.
PDF version to print or download: Thanksgiving Game
Directions: Read the items 1-20 below one by one. Each item describes a person or several people (for example: Those with brown hair or Those wearing brown today). Read the item on the list out loud. All the children (and leaders) who have that characteristic should shout out one thing they are thankful for. Continue until you’ve used all the cards or until time is up.
- Those who have an older brother or sister.
- Those wearing tennis shoes today.
- Everyone who will eat Thanksgiving dinner at their Grandma’s house.
- Everyone who loves dessert best out of the entire Thanksgiving dinner.
- Everyone with blue eyes.
- Everyone wearing glasses.
- Everyone with blonde hair.
- Those wearing braces.
- Those whose favorite holiday is Thanksgiving.
- Everyone who’s happy to get two days off school this week.
- Everyone with brown hair.
- Everyone with brown eyes.
- Those who always watch the Thanksgiving Day parade.
- Everyone who wants to eat the Turkey drumstick.
- Everyone wearing brown today.
- Anyone who is the youngest in their family.
- Anyone who is an only child.
- Anyone who is an aunt or an uncle.
- Everyone who loves God!
- Everyone who is alive in this room.